Welcome to biblio bambini! I am so excited to begin this journey and thank you so much for taking the time to visit! This week I will try to post a book review everyday, I’m still playing with what the permanent format will be, so comments and suggestions of things you’d like to see are greatly appreciated 🙂
I hope this blog encourages you to read to the children in your life! The earlier you start making books an important part of your day, the more likely you’re child will be to become a budding bookworm! Making time for books is easier than you think, here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Instead of going to the mall, take your little to the library or a book sale.
- Books aren’t just for bedtime stories. Read a story in the middle of the day instead of watching TV or after coming home from the park.
- Books are great for quiet play time (even if your child can’t read yet). Set out some books and just let them explore!
- Read the book before you watch the movie! You’d be surprised how many movies take their plots from books of all shapes and sizes, from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to the entire Harry Potter series.
- Forget movies on road trips, read aloud a chapter book as a family! This family tradition will make many happy memories, and believe it or not, it’ll last till they’re teenagers and beyond! If you get car sick reading while in a vehicle, audio books are a great alternative. Everyone loves to be read to no matter what age they are. The books might change, but the bonding is the same.
With so many children spending more and more time in front of a screen, it’s time to make books and bonding time more of a priority! I hope you enjoy the books I suggest, resources available, and take the time to read with your child everyday!